Monday, August 6, 2012

Blueberry

I wrote about Blueberry last May, as he was still settling in. It wasn't hard to fall in love with this little guy. He even made our trips to the vet pass by pleasantly as he would weave himself around my neck and hang on like a furry scarf. He was  best friends with one of my grouchy cats. Everybody got along with him and it felt that he had been in our home forever.



He got colds and even after giving him medication and going back for check-ups he still didn't get better. Last July 24, we were heartbroken to find out that he had FIP. For cat parents, this is one of the diseases we fear the most. It has no cure and and eventually fatal. 

Blueberry left us quietly early afternoon yesterday. Last Friday, as I carried him in one of our bonding moments, he held on tightly to my neck. He wouldn't let go and I laid him on my chest as we laid down. I got scared because it was like he was saying goodbye. The next day, he didn't want to be carried anymore as he may be feeling too uncomfortable due to the fluids in his belly.

I think of the good times we had, the laughter and smiles he gave us. I remember him as the little kitty who wouldn't take no for an answer. And I try to console myself thinking that he did get the one thing he wanted - a home.

Love you Blue






No comments:

Post a Comment